Everyone was so irritable today, our first day of level three. I guess when you're in a new kitch, don't know what to expect, etc. .. well I think it was a combo of chocolate being a nasty biotch and the sous chef getting on nerves. Plus everyone is now realizing that we are two months from graduation and the economy sucks big time.
So I went to career services and talked to Gina (fabulous and totally awesome) and I felt better- and more scared at the same time. We talked through options, and she told me that as a seasoned career counselor she thought there wasn't too much to worry about, sort of. Well not her exact words, but that was the gist of the conversation.
With everyone around me talking about the economy, economic crisis on every TV screen, and grad schools with record application numbers (hahah, will I get into NYU?) I am worried. terrified.
I want to try for the Ron- Ben internship maybe and wait it out. Or go to a bakery and work for a while and make a decision. Should I work at a hotel back home?(the ones in NY are laying people off like whoa) I don't think I want to work at a restaurant, but I might not have a choice if I want to survive.
So I'm thinking I'm going to rally. Then I had a huge, proposterous thought on the walk to the gym down the street from my "living the dream" apartment I can't afford but live in so I can easily commute to school.
I am the pastillage stand.
See we built this stand in our class made out of a sugar mixture. Pastillage is a structural medium, and it's amazing how much it can hold. So we build a crazy structure, and in order to prove to te students that it is strong AND beautiful- we put this really sort of heavy cake on top of our stand.
And it holds, despite this cake loaded with fondant and lime curd. It holds something so weighty, yet it is delicate. It's almost ridiculous.
I am the pastillage stand. That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment